Thursday, August 27, 2009

Italy

I know you're all thinking, what the??? is she really posting??? or maybe no one will even notice...hmmm.....

Anyways, mom and I went to Rome a little over a month ago for my 23rd birthday as a final goodbye to my free flights :( That was a sad sad birthday, but we had a really great time in Italy! Rome is definitely now on my list of my favorite places, and now we understand why all those Romans walked around in sheets, it is so hot and humid! We saw the Colosseum, the forum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, the Vatican....and all the other major tourist sites, and we have about 400 pictures to prove it! Here are just a few....


















On the plane from Atlanta to Rome
At the forum. Everything was so old and cool.

we went to The Vatican for the 24th of July, how very pioneery, right?!



















mom in front of the Colosseum

Italy ROCKS! Other than trying to use every second of my spare time on an airplane somewhere, I've just been working...60 hours a week! It's not that fun, but the paychecks are nice! I went to Silverwood with some of my girlfriends last weekend, so fun. Let's see, in July I went to my friend Noss' wedding in Utah, and we are all looking forward to Kyla's wedding in Vegas in 3 weeks! So stoked to see everyone! Hope everyone is having a fun summer, I sure am!

6 comments:

Karen said...

oh, you made me remember our trip--
I loved Rome!!
Did you climb the dome at St. Peter's?
Did you go any place else in Italy?
I want to go back--
Did you have gelato every day?
Wish I was there!!

Natalie said...

WOW Courtney, what a wonderful trip. I definitely have to go with you next time and also Please call me next time you have a layover in ATL.

David and Kira said...

SO much fun! That is awesome that you got to go with your mom!!

{allison} said...

I told you Italy was the best ever. Next time we will go together...maybe I'll be in Venice and you can visit! yea!

Noss said...

yessss! i LOVE Italy too! Maybe not as much as Germany, but I'm a little partial. Glad you had fun

Sean and Kyla said...

welcome back to the blogging world, you've been missed! great pictures girlfriend!! Made me miss the Olsen twin movies, lol. So cool that you got to go to Italy...so so cool. I can't wait to hear more about it and some stories when I see you in person : )