Wednesday, June 12, 2013

An accident at Seven Peaks Water Park

You may have already seen this on the news....but there was an accident at Seven Peaks last night.... involving me, and my roommates Debbi and Kara.
 
Okay just kidding, it wasn't on the news...and the stupid life guard wasn't even paying attention, but it was still very bad. So, for our very last ride of the night, we decided to trade in our single tubes for one triple tube, so we could all ride together. Mistake.
 
Here we were, joy riding down the slide, having a great time, going very fast mind you, because of the increased body weight. We get to the bottom and there are two big drops, plummeting us even faster down the slide. Kara was in front, I was the middle, and Debbi was the back. We reach the water and all flip out of the tube. Here is where the accident happened: I'm still propelling through the water, and Kara has stopped. My jaw SLAMS into the back of her head.
 
Oh. My. Gosh. I have never known pain like that in my face. I come up for air all "oh my gosh. I think I just broke my face. I'm bleeding. ouch ouch ouchouchouch. My jaw. Holy  &#%$"  I'm just kind of lying there in the water with a lip of blood looking for the lifeguard, and he's over on the side chatting with his friends. Do your job, loser.
 
I can't begin to describe to you how much that hurt. Sooooooo bad. This morning my bottom right side of my lip and chin (at the point of impact) is all swollen, I have this awesome crooked smile going on right now because of the swelling, and I can feel my cheek is bruised/tender all the way up to my eye on the right side of my face. I got an instant headache that has never really gone away.
 
The swelling HAS to go down by next weekend though!!!  Seeing as how I have to be a bridesmaid on June 21st, and a plethora of photos will be taken. I cut my lip on the inside of my mouth, thank goodness. Can't have a jacked up face if I plan on being a hot bridesmaid. I don't know how my teeth didn't cut through my mouth though, but I'm grateful they didn't! 
 
Also, I'm running a half marathon this Saturday (the American Fork Canyon Half, starts at 6am, come cheer me on!) It better not hurt during each pound of my foot. That would be 13.1 miles of misery. Pray for me.
 
Here's a pic of me smiling...and the swelling. See how my lip won't go down on one side? Yeah.... Laugh it up, folks. But beware: triple tubes are dangerous.
 
 
...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite 3 year old! My niece Ava!
 
 
 
 
Oh, and btw... I've lost 33 lbs. Wooooooooo. Go me.
 
 
 

4 comments:

Sean and Kyla said...

Awesome on the birthday and weight loss! But not so awesome on the face slam. Sheesh, sounds miserable! I'll be praying that it heals quick so the marathon isn't horribly painful for you.

David and Kira said...

33 LBS!!!! You go girl!! Maybe we will see each other this weekend at the race. My parents will be here to watch too! And ya, that slide you are talking about is so fast and that last bump is a killer!

Brock and Emily Gibbons said...

First, holy cow OUCH!!!
Second, holy cow CUTE! You look so good!

Darren and Tessa said...

Seriously....you look AMAZING! You go girl!