Monday, November 10, 2008

SICK!

Warning: Not for the squeamish!

So, my roommates and I have become big fans of the Discovery Health Channel lately. There are just so many interesting things on it! I could seriously watch it all day. One of our favorite shows is "Untold Stories from the ER." On it there are all the freaky/gross/weird things that you don't hear about often. Well, the other night did not disappoint. On the show, there is usually one doctor narrating, and then they will re-enact what happened (they are all really horrible actors, by the way). So, the doctor starts to talk about how this one attending physician always gives him the gross cases. The attending tells him that the patient is a homeless man, who has something wrong with his leg. So the narrating doctor goes into the room, and it shows the homeless man's leg. It was COVERED in maggot's from his toes to his knee!!! It was the most discusting thing I have EVER seen and I really thought I was going to throw up, and I don't have a weak stomach. But it was soooo gross. Just thinking about it gives me shivers. Apparently the homeless man had some infection on his leg, and then the maggot's came. The doctor asked how long his leg had been like that, and the homeless man's response? 4 or 5 DAYS! Why would you wait 4 or 5 days like that?!!??!?! SICK! But, it ended up ok at the end, because the maggot's were actually good. They were eating all the diseased flesh, and left the good stuff. So the doctor said that if the maggot's weren't there, his leg would be a lot worse. I don't know about you, but I don't know what's worse than a leg covered in maggots for 4 or 5 days! YUCK!

P.S. My mom bought tickets for the midnight showing of Twilight! It's really happening!

2 comments:

Vrska's said...

Courtney!! Hey how are you? I love the red in the hair, it looks great on you!! So you're almost done with school uh? That is awesome. Well keep in touch!! You're still so gosh dang cute!!

Sean and Kyla said...

oh my sick. my mouth was totally agape the whole time I was reading. ugh. I couldn't handle that. and I think I love the P.S. you added. lol. prime.