One summer while I was in college I worked for a photography studio here in town. When school started in August, we went around to all the middle schools and high schools and did their school pictures. One day I was sitting at the front table taking the kids’ money and stuff and I after I took their orders, I had to write their name, ID #, homeroom teacher, and if they were male or female…that kind of stuff. Well, this boy comes up to my table, hands me his packet and I fill out his card and send him on his way.
A little while later he comes back and goes, “you marked the wrong box, I’m a girl.” And I go, (I STILL can’t believe I said this), I go “really?!” and she goes “yeahhh…” and then if that wasn’t bad enough I go, “Seriously?!” she’s like, “yep, I’m a girl”. The whole time this conversation is going on, it’s like, I heard the words coming out of my mouth, and my mind was screaming “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!” in slow motion! It was SO BAD!!! So then after I realized that I had totally humiliated myself and this girl and probably made her feel horrible about herself, I tried to cover it up and be like, “oh..haha…I’ve been doing that all day. I must not have been paying very good attention to the form when I marked the box. I’m sorry!”
In my defense she DID look like a guy. She was wearing boys basketball shorts, a boys t-shirt, her hair was in a ponytail and she was wearing a baseball hat backwards. She wasn’t wearing any make-up and she was with a bunch of guys…so I had to go with the odds. Oh, and she was like, Tongan, or something so she was larger in stature and she had absolutely no chest. It was sooo bad. I still can’t believe I said that. But it is funny now that I look back on it. Probably not funny to her, though. Open mouth, insert foot.
6 comments:
i remember this story! hilarious!!! what the heck made you think of that?
hahaha. that story just brightened my evening!! funny read.
LOL Sometimes you really can't tell. I have a cousin who is a Butch dresses like a guy when we go out even goes to the mens room. Very funny story.
LOL I remember you telling us about this!! It is still such a great story!!! LOL LOL!!
p.s. minutes later I'm still laughing as I reread it over and over...so great.
Haha! She asked for it by wearing her hat backwards. You should have marked 'girl' for all the boys wearing skinny jeans. Teach them all a lesson that day in androgeny.
Post a Comment