
I am. I am
soooo bored. For those of you who don't know, I work in the Nursing Department here on campus. Every Wednesday all the nursing Faculty have a meeting, this meeting usually lasts 2-3 hours. I am happy that I do not have to take part in these meetings, because sometimes I am the one who has to type up the meeting minutes, and let me tell you...they are very dry. So here I sit, on another Wednesday, and I am bored out of my mind. There is absolutely nothing to do. I even resorted to doing a little homework, that's saying something. So, in hopes of curbing my boredom, I decided to tell you a few comical/embarrassing stories that have come from my everyday life:
Please travel back with me 4 years, to 2004....my second semester of college. I was 18. I am mathematically challenged, so I have taken advantage of the free math tutoring center on campus many a time. That tutoring center is the setting of my first story. I was there one fall day, struggling as usual with my college algebra homework. I raised my hand and this very cute tutor comes over to help me. I mean, he was way way cute. He helped me, and then I needed to leave to get to another class. Well, he was getting off work at that same time I guess, and so we walked out together. There are some stairs off to the right of the math lab as you exit and I was going to go down those stairs. We said bye to each other, then I turn to go down the stairs. The next thing I know, I am falling down the stairs. Well, it was more of a roll. I don't know what happened to make me fall, all I knew was that that math tutor had seen it all. I didn't just fall down a few stairs, I fell down ALL the stairs. We're talking maybe 12-14. When I finally got to the landing at the bottom and stopped, the math tutor ran down the stairs to help me up. I was mortified. He runs down and asks me if I'm ok, all i can respond with is "yeah, thanks." I got up and walked away as quickly as possible. About 10 people were around and saw me fall. Probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.
Next we need to go back 2 years, to 2006. I was 20. My roommate/bff Kyla and I headed to the grocery store (Broulim's for all you Rexburgians). We headed down the "feminine hygiene" aisle. While in that aisle, we spot this pink sparkly thing, called the Emergency Feminine Hygiene Kit. It was a little pink bag with "all the needed items for that unexpected emergency". We were totally making fun of it, opened it up, took a few pics, kyla recorded what was written on its cover sleeve, and texted it to a few people. After a few minutes, we put the bag back on the shelf, and went about the rest of our shopping. For some reason, we were acting really stupid that night, dancing up and down the aisles, pretending to knock stuff off shelves, etc. We finished our shopping and went up to the register to pay. We pay and head out to our car. We walk through the front door, and this guy wearing a black "broulim's security" jacket comes up to us and asks us if he can talk to us for a minute. We say ok, and walk off to the side. He pulls out the Emergency Feminine Hygiene kit from his pocket, and tells us about how he saw us on the security camera and how he noticed us handling the kit, and how we were in that aisle for a not normal amount of time. He then asks us if we took anything out of the kit, and if everything was still in it. We are shocked, and totally taken off guard. We say yes, everything was still in it, and no, we didn't steal anything. He said he trusted us and let us go. We couldn't believe this was happening to us, and we were embarrassed because he was probably following us around the store, and saw us being dorks and dancing in the aisles. We walked to the car laughing our heads off, and still laugh about it today. Yes folks, Kyla and I were accused of stealing.
The final story that I have to share with you happened just this last March or so. If you haven't had a Dryer's Fruit Bar in the lime flavor, you are missing out. They are seriously so good. I went to the freezer one night to devour one of these popsicles. I get it out, tear off the wrapper, and stick it in my mouth. To my surprise and utter astonishment, if freezes right to the inside of my lips. No joke. Just like on A Christmas Story when he gets his tongue stuck to the pole.
I try to take it out of my mouth, and it won't budge. It is literally frozen to my lips. I turn to my mom and tell her that's its frozen to my lips, and she just laughs at me. I don't know what to do, so I decide to just rip it out. Bad idea. It ended up taking my skin with it, and I started to bleed. I looked at the popsicle, and there was my frozen skin actually on it. It hurt so bad. Especially when I tore it off.
One time I was going through the drive through at the bank, and I accidentally drove off with the little tube thing you put your money in to send over to them. Yep, it was pretty embarrassing when I had to turn around and return it. Especially when they had put an orange cone in the lane, so no one could use it. It was really fun getting out of my car and moving the cone so I could drive up there and put the tube back, that way everyone saw who the idiot was. Definitely a blond moment.
And that's all I have for you. Thank you and goodnight!
4 comments:
You are so funny! lol I can't believe that guy asked you if you stole something like that! haha funny:)
if it makes you feel any better, i have fallen in every country i have visited...sad but true...and another sad fact is that you leave me in ten days, how can you do this to me?
ok, so seriously Courtney I am crying right now. No, I'm not kidding in any way, I was laughing at each story. oh jeez, you get to me. I can't stop laughing. this is such great stuff. I want to copy and print this page so I can read it every morning. oh man..I'm sorry, I just can't get enough of it! lol
good stuff courtney! I'm sitting in the San diego airport right now waiting for a very delayed plane ( you know what that's like!) and dying laughing reading you " stories". Woo those were some good times, good times. I remember when kyla told me about the broulims robbery. . . Whoo LOL, LOL I can see it so clearly. . .miss you and the rexburg times!
Post a Comment