Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holidays

Sorry I've been a slacker-blogger lately. Here's what's been going on in my life since....Thanksgiving:

*I've been trying to upload pictures for forever, but something is wrong with it, and its not working. I'll try again sometime later. So....sorry, no pictures.*

December 1-11: The Sunday after thanksgiving I returned back to Rexburg for my last two weeks of school. Those two weeks were filled with studying, cleaning, packing, and staying up late with my roomies. It was a fun two weeks.

December 12: I graduated from college! A great day. I assume you've all seen the pictures, so I won't repost them. If not, just scroll down and you'll see. My awesome friends Kyla and Noss (Natalie) came up for it. My parents came down too. The guy pronounced my name wrong at graduation. My real name is Courtney Eileen Maxfield, he said Courtney uh-lean Maxfield. Apparently it was hard to pronounce? Oh well, I still graduated! And I got a free rose from the horticulture department. Woohoo!

December 13: My parents and I started home around 10am. There had been a snow storm the night before. If you know my mom, you know she was freaking out. The roads were good between Pocatello and Mountain Home, the rest of the time they were icy. We got to La Grande, Oregon, and the freeway was closed because of the storm, soo....we went to my cousins house there in La Grande to spend the night, we were there about 2 hours or so when we got word the freeway was open again. We decided to just drive all the way home before they had the chance to close it again. We finally got home around 1am. So a drive that usually takes about 9 hours took us 15. How fun! Mom just burried her face in a pillow all down cabbage hill. Probably the only part of the trip she didn't say a word.

December 14-17: I was pretty bored these days. My parents were both at work, and because of the snow around here, our suburban was the only thing that could make it up our driveway, so I couldn't go anywhere. I was housebound for the week. SO BORING!

December 18-21: I watched my cousin Tammy and her husband Neal's kids' for the weekend while they went to Las Vegas. They had a good time, and so did we. I helped the kids decorate their christmas tree, and watching Addy decorate it was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love that little girl!

December 22-23: Just finished up my Christmas shopping and hung out with my mom. Christmas shopping was easy, since I only had to buy for my parents this year. I ended up buying myself a christmas present as well. Some shoes. What else was I supposed to do when my parents left me alone in the shoe department of Macys for 45 minutes by myself? I got bored. I even wrapped them and put them under the tree for myself! Hey, it was one more present I got to open :) My parents were a little confused when I opened them.

December 24-25: Christmas Eve night my dad had to work at the airport, so we went to dinner at Olive Garden with my grandma around 4pm. We didn't do the traditional Maxfield-Young-Christensen Christmas Eve, and we missed it. Sorry guys! Dad had to be to the airport at 7pm, so mom and I came home and watched Lifetime Christmas movies and made a gingerbread house. Christmas morning I woke up around 8:30, only because my cousin Tammy text me. Mom and I ran down to Walgreens to buy these santa suits that we had seen a few days earlier, but didn't want to pay full price for them. The worker said they were going to be 50% off Christmas Day, walgreens was open on christmas-sucks for their workers, and so we ran down there and got 2 santa suits, came home and put them on, then went in to wake up my dad. It was pretty funny. I don't have pics from my camera, but my dad does, so once I get those from him, I'll post them. We opened presents, well, I guess I should say I opened presents while my parents watched, since I was the only kid home....all the presents were for me! It was great! We got to talk to my little brother Dally for a couple hours and that was fun. He sounds the same, still crazy. We just watched movies all day and were lazy. I got a lot of fun Christmas presents, including clothes, perfume, earrings, shoes, books, money (always a great gift), but i'd have to say that my favorite (is it bad to say a "favorite"?) was a new camera! It is a canon, and at 14.7 megapixels, it takes amazingly clear pictures, maybe a little too clear, because you can see every blemish on my face :( but, I LOVE it! I recommend everyone buy one. Me + camera = love. seriously.

December 26-today: We haven't really done anything too exciting. Had the annual McGary Family Christmas Party, that was fun. New Year's eve was spent with my parents, at home, watching the ball drop. We did try to go to Edmonton, Canada for the weekend. The biggest mall in the world, or something like that is up there, but....we got to Salt Lake and the plane was weight restricted because of the weather in Canada, so they were only letting 41 people on instead of 50, so we didn't get on the plane. So we just turned right around and came home. Its a good thing we can fly for free.

That's about it. It's been nice not having a job or any responsibility for these 3 weeks, it's been a nice break, but....back to work! On Tuesday I start my internship at Bybee Foods in Pasco. I'll do that until April or so, then.....who knows! It scares me to think about where I will be in a year, or even 6 months. This blog entry has been kinda boring. Sorry. Oh, and its been snowing like crazy here since I got home. It melted for about 3 days, now it's back again. It's snowing like mad as I write this. I'm SO sick of it! I thought I left Rexburg? Hope everyone has a very happy new year! This year will bring a lot of "newness" for me. I'm a little scared. But, my BFF Kara comes home from her mission to Cambodia in April and I am so so so SO excited, and Dally Pants will be home from his mission this coming December. Time is flying.

3 comments:

Sean and Kyla said...

love it. but MY favorite part is you wrapping up your shoes for yourself, that is so rich.

Jenks Family said...

tell tammy to add me to her blog
garrettandjilayne@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

heyya!! oh my, I can't believe you graduated!!! That is soo sweet. Congrats!!! So does this mean no more carmelita? Sad!! What's the plan now? I miss working there- that seriously was the best job ever. Has she found someone to replace you? Thanks for the congrats on the baby- crazy!!! Tell carm hello for me if you still see her.