Yes, 'tis true....today is my 27th birthday. Holy cow. How did that happen? I'm only 3 years away from 30! Thirty. T-H-I-R-T-Y. What?!?! Am I officially considered "late 20's" now? I was discussing this with my roommates last night, and they think I am. Or at least severely borderline. Rude.
Here are 27 things I would like to accomplish in my 27th year:
1. Travel to another continent (Happening in September. Go Asia!)
2. Finish the Book of Mormon again.
3. Visit the temple at least once a month, if not more.
4. Go on a spending fast for 1 month (ie. Don't buy unnecessary items. I guess I don't need every new shade of OPI nail polish....)
5. Run 5 half marathons. (If $$$ permits. Running is an expensive hobby.)
6. Hit my ideal (what even is my ideal?) weight. (37 lbs down, 15(ish) lbs to go!)
7. Trick someone into marrying me. Or have a fiancé. Boyfriend for more than the typical few months? HA! haha. ha. ha! HA.....ha...
8. Improve my cooking skills.
9. Pick one attribute per month I would like to improve on, and do it.
10. Go to Disneyland.
11. Actually pay attention and enjoy one of my half marathons. I've discovered I usually block out several miles, then later think, "wait...did I run past that? Yes? Okay?"
12. Go skiing or snowboarding. I've been once and that was in 3rd grade.
13. Do something that scares the crap out of me.
14. Set a budget and save $$$$$.
15. Trade in my car? Maybe.
16. Visit my friend Kyla and her family in Vegas.
17. Read at least one book per month.
18. Try a food I'm scared of in Cambodia.
19. Snorkel in Thailand. (I'm REALLY afraid of open water, guys.)
20. Run a half marathon in under 2 hours. I'm close!! I need to shave about 20 seconds off each mile.
21. Learn to rap an entire song.
22. Get a massage.
23. Go to a concert.
24. Go dancing at a club.
25. De-junk my closet/dresser! I have separation anxiety.
26. Sew.... something.
27. Stop saying you can't, and just do it. Be happy.

7 comments:
You inspire me Court! Happy Birthday.
Happy Happy Birthday Girl!!! I loved this list giggling at some, sympathizing others. What I love about you is you really are a girl that will make it happen. So in my opinion this year is going to be AWESOME!!!
Awesome birthday list. Of course you know which number is my favorite. ; ) But might I also add a suggestion? Please learn the Top That rap from Teen Witch. Please please please. Lol.
I love this list! I would love to go snowboarding or skiing with you, if you want! I usually go every year at least once with Debbi...so...
Also, I'm so impressed by you. Always. You inspire me :)
What a great list!! Can't wait to see via instagram all the finished check points!;)
Happy very belated Birthday, Courtney!! I LOVED reading your list! Kudos to you for being brave enough to list trying a food that scares you in Cambodia. That would NEVER make it on my list, HA! I love your running goals! I need to start my own list and add some races to it.
I STILL want to dance in a club someday (with my hubs of course). I hope you blog about it as you cross these off your list :)
Courtney-kins...I think this is a great list! I want to do some of them with you, like 22, 23, 25, & 26. You can mark off 23 after the Lumineers concert! And number 12! I want to go this winter! You're great. Happy birthday a month ago!
Post a Comment