Monday, July 22, 2013

Southeast Asia here we come


60 Days! 60. (!!!!)
Did you hear? I'm going to Cambodia & Thailand! 60 days until I fly out to the land of humidity and coconuts.
My roommate/bff Kara served her mission for our church in Cambodia, and has been talking about going back, for for-ev-er. This year she decided that if her tax return was big enough, she was just going to buy a ticket and go, and we were invited. I wasn't going to go at first. Cambodia isn't exactly high on my "wanting to vacation" spots (or on that list at all). It's kind of a third world country, guys. And it was going to cost a lot to get there.
Then one day I decided, What the heck! Let's go! So in March, we booked our flights. I fly out of Salt Lake City on Sept 20th, and we return home Oct 2nd. Two weeks. Two weeks of no work, beaches, jungle, temples, monks, humidity, scary food... yeah. It's going to be amazing.
We'll spend 9 days in Cambodia, touring all over the country, then on Sept 29, we fly from Siem Reap, Cambodia.....
Ta Prohm - Angkor, Cambodia
 to Phuket, Thailand.....
 
...where we will spend the remaining 4 days.
I. can't. wait.
See, guys? Sometimes it pays to be old and single (yes I realize I'm NOT that old (27 next week)), and have friends who are also old and single who like to do fun stuff like blow their money on frivolous things and take long vacations to way cool places! I'm super 1000% grateful that we're going with someone who knows the language/where to go/what to do. She's our own personal tour guide.
PS. I have 23 hours of flight time ahead of me (both there and back, heaven help me).... so book recommendations are being accepted!
Trip of a lifetime. Get me to that beach, stat.


2 comments:

David and Kira said...

Lucky! All I have to say is LIVE IT UP WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Sean and Kyla said...

This is so crazy awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it and see all the pictures!! And though I'd agree Cambodia wouldn't be at the top of my list either, it'd be a crime not to go when you've got Atkins as your guide and BFF. Perfect trip! I'm super excited for you guys!