A girl in my ward told me tonight, that around 9:30 pm last night, a girl was raped on campus. The girl in my ward's friend works for University Police, and he told her. Yes, it still happens at church schools! So, please don't go anywhere by yourself, and lock your doors. She also told me that there have been reports of a guy coming into girls' apartments at night, restraining them, and not doing very good things to them, so please be safe! That's the last time I walk home from the gym or library at night by myself! Oh, and the guy is still out there, they haven't caught him yet.
Also, last Friday afternoon, my old roommate Rachael Morris was killed in a car accident. If you go to school here, you probably got an email about it. Rachael and her cousin Lisa, (who also happens to be my old roommate), were driving down to Utah when they hit a moose, in broad daylight. The road they were driving on had a steep embankment on the side, and the moose came running up over, and they didn't have time to react. Rachael was killed on the road, and Lisa suffered minor injuries, but lived. Rachael was a super fun roommate, and good friend of mine. We lived together in the summer and fall semesters of 2005. Please pray for Rachael, Lisa, and their families as they go through this difficult time...and please, drive safely!
4 comments:
jeez, still can't believe it. nobody's really safe anywhere it seems these days.
Oh courtney, I am so sorry, I will be praying for you and your friends.
Oh Courtney I am so sorry! We did get that e-mail and my friend told me about the moose. so sad! Its amazing what those animals can do. I hope you have a better week, and everything works out ok. take care
What a terrible blog to comment on!! Hope you have a better week! I need to add you to my invite list since ours is private. I know it's a pain for those wanting to just get in and read all our exciting happenings!! Anyway, email us at kiradavid@hotmail.com and I will invite ya. Send me your mom's email to so I can invite her. My mom mentioned she wanted to see our blog. Take care...almost graduated!! Wahoo!!
Post a Comment