Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A little friendly competition...

I work in the Nursing Department on campus, and the application deadline for the summer 2009 semester is coming up here on Saturday, November 1st. We always get tons of applications that come in the last few days before the deadline. We decided to start a little pool and we are all predicting how many applications will come in, starting today, until next friday, to allow all the ones coming in the mail to get here (they just have to be postmarked by the 1st). Carmelita (my boss) is guessing 30. Candice, the other girl who works here, is guessing 39. And I am rounding out the competition with a guess of 42. We're not sure what the prize will be, but I really hope I win! So, tell all your friends to apply to get that number over 42, even if they really don't want to be a nurse, they can pull their application out later, or they can always decline if they do actually get accepted. I really want to win! I'll let you know the outcome sometime next week.....and hopefully it will be good news!

1 comment:

Sean and Kyla said...

lol, I love it. wouldn't it be rich if I applied... how would that go? "um, excuse me Miss Kyla Urie...but you're not even a student here, are you? And if I'm not mistaken I believe you even graduated last year?" "Yes, but I would like to get into the nursing program..." hmm...